Why You Should Never Ignore Sore Throat
Sore Throat: Seek Medical Help with Internal Medicine Doctor
The internal medicine doctor explains that sore throat is characterized by pain, scratchiness, or irritation that worsens when you swallow. A viral infection, such as a cold or the flu, is the most common cause of a sore throat (pharyngitis). A virus-induced sore throat resolves on its own.
Strep throat (streptococcal infection), a less common type of sore throat caused by bacteria, necessitates antibiotic treatment to avoid complications. Other, less common causes of sore throat may require more involved treatment. Consult with the Best internal medicine doctor in Abu Dhabi to know everything about sore throat and its treatment options.
Depending on the cause, the symptoms of a sore throat that are seen by an internal medicine doctor can vary. Among the signs and symptoms could be:
- Throat pain or a scratchy sensation
- Pain that becomes worse when swallowing or talking
- Swallowing Difficulties
- Neck or jaw glands that are sore and swollen
- Tonsils swollen and red
- Tonsils with white patches or pus
- A voice that is hoarse or muffled
Internal medicine doctor says other signs and symptoms of infections that cause a sore throat include:
- Nose bleed
- The ache in the body
- Vomiting or nausea
Adam & Eve Specialized Medical Center will help you to connect with the best internal medicine doctor If your child exhibits severe signs and symptoms such as:
Unusual drooling, which could indicate a swallowing problem If you're an adult, see your internal medicine doctor if you have a sore throat and any of the following associated problems:
A severe sore throat that lasts more than a week
Having trouble opening your mouth
A fever of more than 101 degrees Fahrenheit (38.3 C)
Blood or phlegm in your saliva
Sore throats that come and go
A lump in your throat
Hoarseness that lasts for more than two weeks
Swelling of the neck or face
Causes of Sore Throat
Most sore throats are caused by the same viruses, according to internal medicine doctor, the virus that causes the common cold and flu. Bacterial infections cause sore throats less frequently.
- Infections caused by viruses
- Among the viral illnesses that cause a sore throat are:
- The common cold
- Flu (influenza) (influenza)
- Mono (mononucleosis) (mononucleosis)
- Coronavirus chickenpox disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Croup is a common childhood illness distinguished by a harsh, barking cough.
Infections caused by bacteria A variety of bacterial infections can cause a sore throat which needs a checkup from the best internal medicine doctor in Abu Dhabi. Streptococcus pyogenes (group A streptococcus) is the most common cause of strep throat.
Other reasons The Internal medicine doctor helps to diagnose the cause of sore throat which can be:
- Allergies- Allergies can cause a sore throat to pet dander, molds, dust, and pollen. Postnasal drip, which can irritate and inflame the throat, may exacerbate the situation.
- Dryness- Dry indoor air can irritate and scratch your throat. Breathing through your mouth, which is often caused by chronic nasal congestion, can also result in a dry, sore throat.4
- Irritants- A chronic sore throat can be caused by both outdoor and indoor pollution, such as tobacco smoke or chemicals. Chewing tobacco, drinking alcohol, and eating spicy foods can all cause throat irritation.
- Muscle tension. You can strain your throat muscles by yelling, talking loudly, or talking for long periods without rest.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). GERD is a digestive system disorder characterized by the accumulation of stomach acids in the food pipe (esophagus).
- Heartburn, hoarseness, regurgitation of stomach contents, and the sensation of a lump in your throat are all possible signs or symptoms.
- Tumors. A sore throat can be caused by cancerous tumors of the throat, tongue, or voice box (larynx). Other symptoms may include hoarseness, difficulty swallowing, noisy breathing, and a lump in the throat.
Connect with the best medical center in Abu Dhabi’s internal medicine doctor to learn how to Prevent throat infection. At Adam & Eve Specialized Medical Center, the expert internal medicine doctor will help you to get treatment for sore throat in Abu Dhabi. The best way to avoid sore throats is to practice good hygiene and prevent the germs that cause them. Follow these guidelines and teach them to your children:
- Hands should be washed thoroughly and frequently for at least 20 seconds after using the toilet, before and after eating, and after sneezing or coughing.
- Try not to touch your face. Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Avoid sharing food, glasses, or utensils.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue and discard it before washing your hands. Sneeze into your elbow when necessary.
- When soap and water aren't available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizers instead of washing your hands.
- Avoid using your mouth to touch public phones or drinking fountains.
- Phones, doorknobs, light switches, remote controls, and computer keyboards should all be cleaned and disinfected regularly. Clean the phones, light switches, and remotes in your hotel room when you travel.
- Avoid close contact with sick or symptomatic people.
Check out other popular blogs by our experts to know about different health alignments and their treatments in Abu Dhabi.
Why You Should Ice Your Injury
Everything You Need to Know About Buck Teeth