bold text10 Ways to Battle Dry Skin in Summer
Expert Dry Skin Treatment at a Leading Dermatology Clinic in Abu Dhabi
Dry skin treatment - Dermatology Clinic in Abu Dhabi
Is summer skin dryness bothering you? We understand your problem, as sticky and oily skin is common throughout the warm months. In the summer, however, many people complain about dry skin. Adam & Eve Specialized medical centre, the best dermatology clinic in Abu Dhabi, is there to help you to get Dry skin Treatment, skin rash treatment, and heat rash treatment. Also, if you search for a dermatology clinic in Abu Dhabi to connect with our experts and get solutions for all your skin problems that are caused in summer.
Do you know why sry skin problems occur? Dermatology doctors in Abu Dhabi tell In the sweltering heat, various elements can steal moisture from your skin. This article will explain why this occurs and how you may keep your skin wet and prevent it from drying throughout the summer.
What Causes Summer Dry Skin?
Even if you have normal or mixed skin, your skin might become dry in the heat. Dermatology clinic in Abu Dhabi explains some of the primary reasons:
- Excessive heat and sun exposure without adequate SPF protection might harm your skin's barrier function, resulting in transepidermal water loss. This causes dry skin throughout the summer months.
- Aside from sun damage, your skin loses a lot of water through sweat, gradually drying it out. It will worsen if you do not drink enough water.
- Air conditioning can also inhibit your skin from locking moisture, resulting in skin dryness.
- If you spend much time in the pool to beat the heat, your skin may feel quite dry. Chlorinated water is widely used.
10 Tips to Battle Dry Skin in Summer
Adam & Eve Dermatology clinic in Abu Dhabi provides 10 amazing tips to fight dry summer skin.
Face Cleanser Certain soaps and cleansers contain chemicals that dehydrate your skin by stripping it of its natural moisture. dermatology clinic in Abu Dhabi recommends choosing gentle face cleansers that are moisturizing and hypoallergenic. Look for fruit enzymes such as papaya free of hazardous additives such as parabens.
Skin Type-Specific Night/Day Cream: To keep your skin hydrated and healthy, it's important to use a moisturizer that suits your skin type. For those with dry skin, opt for a moisturizer containing ceramides that can lock in moisture. During the day, choose a moisturizer with high SPF to protect your skin from UV rays and pollution. Look for moisturizers with active ingredients like niacinamide, phytosphingosine, lanolin, glycerin, hyaluronic acid, and Vitamin C. Gel-based moisturizers are ideal for summer, while cream-based ones are better for dry skin. dermatology clinic in Abu Dhabi suggests that people with sensitive skin should use hypoallergenic moisturizers, while those with oily skin should opt for non-comedogenic, oil-free options. A night moisturizer with retinol can aid in repairing skin cells while sleeping, but it's important to check with a doctor first, as not all retinol-based creams are suitable for dry skin. Additionally, consider using an overnight hydrating mask once a week.
Avoid Using Hot Water Hot water dries the skin out even more. Shower with cold water in the summer to keep your body cool and your skin from drying out. In the summer, keeping the body temperature low protects the skin from dehydration, dryness, and irritation.
Summer Makeup For Dry Skin Makeup will adhere to your skin if it is thoroughly hydrated. The best doctors at the dermatology clinic in Abu Dhabi tell you to apply a mild moisturizer before applying makeup. Skip the foundation if possible to allow your skin to breathe and prevent blockage of pores. Begin by applying a primer to help you apply foundation or other cosmetics smoothly. They are classified according to skin type. You can use a gel-based moisturizer that will not dry out your skin while the rest of your makeup is applied. Instead of foundation, use a BB cream to balance out your skin tone. Choose one that is sheer and has no tint. If necessary, mask dark spots, under-eye circles, and other blemishes with concealer. Apply loose powder as a final touch to seal in the makeup and prevent shine. Avoid using compacts since they make you look cakey.
Maintain A Healthy Skin Care Routine
- During the summer, it is critical to maintain a good skin care regimen. To remove sweat, filth, and grime from your skin, use the Korean double-cleansing procedure. Then apply a water-based toner, sunscreen, and moisturizer.
- To eliminate dirt and other impurities from your skin at night, apply cleansing oil and a foamy cleanser, followed by a nourishing moisturizer. Look for substances that give moisture to the skin's layers, such as Vitamin C and hyaluronic acid.
- You can also bring a moisturizing spritzer or mist and sprinkle it on your face several times during the day. It can refresh you and provide much-needed hydration to your skin.
Skin Coverage In addition to using sunscreen, cover exposed areas of your body and face. Wear a wide-brimmed hat, thick sunglasses, and clothing that totally covers your body. Also, choose thick textiles to block out the sun's rays and bright colors to reflect them.
Make use of humidifiers Air conditioners can cause dry skin in the summer because they take humidity and moisture from the air. If you live in a dry, hot climate, you can use humidifiers in your house to manage the humidity in the air. This will keep your skin from becoming dry.
Consume More Water Staying hydrated is the best approach to keep your skin from becoming dry in the heat. The dermatology clinic in Abu Dhabi emphasizes drinking plenty of water, which moisturizes the skin from within, keeping it from becoming dry. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily to moisturize your skin.
Diet To keep your skin hydrated during the summer, it's important to incorporate certain foods into your diet as recommended by the dermatology clinic in Abu Dhabi. Sweet potatoes are a great choice as they contain high levels of anthocyanin, vitamin A, and beta carotene, which can help to moisturize and strengthen the skin's top layer. Cucumbers are also beneficial due to their high levels of vitamin C and antioxidants, which can help to reduce skin inflammation, and the silica in their peel can help to nourish and tighten the skin. Avocados are rich in omega-6 fatty acids and vitamin E, which can prevent premature aging and keep the skin moist from the dermis to the epidermis. Citrus fruits like tangerines are a good source of vitamins A, C, and beta carotene, which help to produce collagen and prevent wrinkles while also moisturizing the skin and repairing UV damage. Coconut oil is a powerful moisturizer that contains antioxidants and can be applied directly to the skin to soothe conditions such as atopic dermatitis. Dry fruits, nuts, and seeds are also excellent sources of fatty acids such as omega-3 and vitamin E, which can protect against sun damage, reduce inflammation, and naturally moisturize the skin. Finally, fatty fish like salmon, which is high in omega-3, can help to repair skin damage caused by UV radiation.
Summer Topical Home Remedies For Dry Skin
- Apply olive oil to your skin and soak a towel in warm water. Place it over your face and take it off when it is no longer warm. Wipe away excess oil to gently cleanse your skin without removing moisture.
- Combine two tablespoons of olive oil and half a cup of sugar to make an exfoliating scrub. You can even use essential oils to add scent. Scrub it all over your body and rinse it to moisturize the skin. Apply moisturizer to slightly damp skin right away.
- Mix a cup of oats into a pail of water to naturally rehydrate dry skin in the summer.
- It relaxes your skin and aids in moisture retention.
- Before going to bed, apply coconut oil instead of a moisturizing lotion. Apply it to any dry places. You can also add a few spoons of additional natural oils to your bath water, such as argan, jojoba, and avocado oils.
- Apply cool milk to dry and irritated skin. It moisturizes well and contains lactic acid, which acts as an exfoliant. Milk can also be used to eliminate tan marks and restore your skin's natural color.
- If you dislike the sticky sensation of oil, apply aloe vera gel to your dry skin to soothe it and prevent future dryness. It can also be used to calm inflamed skin.
The best dermatology clinic in Abu Dhabi, Adam & Eve Specialized medical centre connects you with the Best Dermatology doctors in Abu Dhabi that provide the best treatment for healthy skin.
Due to the extreme heat and water loss throughout the summer, dry skin is a prevalent problem. However, by moisturizing and hydrating your skin and eating the proper meals, you can keep your skin from becoming dry in the heat. Call us or send your inquiry to connect with the dermatology clinic in Abu Dhabi, Also, you can read our other blogs to know about other health concerns and their treatments.
Top benefits for a healthy life with a balanced diet