Even before a kid is born, the parents need to start taking some very important and life changing, even life saving decisions for their little baby. One such important decision is to find and choose the best pediatrician Abu Dhabi for their child.
You may need the services of a pediatrician from the very moment your child comes into this world. Therefore, by the time you or your wife is 7 to eight months pregnant, both of you should have looked at all the options and selected the a child pediatrician in Abu Dhabi for your baby.
From managing the vaccination of your baby to treating his or her during various childhood illnesses, this pediatrician would be literally responsible for the life and health of your child. Hence, you need to make sure that your choice of pediatrician is well educated and informed. There are numerous questions that should come in your mind while making this decision. Some of the important questions that you need to ask yourself and from your potential pediatrician, before making this decision are as follows:
- What are the medical qualifications of the pediatrician?
- Which medical college did he or she attend?
- Whether he or she has met the established standards for offering medical care to children?
- Do you wish to opt for a specialist pediatrician for your child, or would you prefer to let your family doctor take care of your baby?
- What is the experience of the pediatrician and what sort of complicated child cases has he handled in the past?
- Does the pediatrician have tie-ups with the best hospitals in the city, in case your child needs to be admitted for any sort of emergency?
- Do you want the pediatrician to make house-calls, and if so, then you will have to ask the doctor about the timings for the same and his or her charges as well.
- What is the condition of the clinic of the pediatrician?
- Does the clinic have the latest equipments required for treating babies?
- Does the clinic offer a clean and safe environment for the kids?
- Is the support staff of the child pediatric doctor in Abu Dhabi well trained and qualified for the job?
- What all insurances are accepted by the pediatrician?
- Will the doctor be willing to take your calls even in the late hours?
- Does the doctor have a good reputation in the market?
Once you have made a checklist of all the questions, you wish to find answers to before declaring any pediatrician a good pediatrician Abu Dhabi and hiring him or her for the job, the next step to actually go about collecting all the information about the various pediatricians in the town. Some of the tips, which you can help you collect all this information about the pediatricians and choose between them, are as follows:
Gather Names Of The Best Pediatricians In Town
The best way to gather these names is from the internet. There are numerous websites which provide a list of all the doctors, and specialists in your area along with their addresses and contact details. You can also seek references from your friends and relatives who may be using the services of a pediatrician for their kids. You can visit the nearest medical centers and hospitals and contact their pediatric department. There are a few medical societies present in every city, which provide information about all the local medical services. You can contact these societies and collect the list of pediatricians in your city from them as well.
Background And Credentials Check
Once you have the list of all the pediatricians in your city with you, the next step is to shortlist the names of the best pediatricians. You do not want to hire someone to take care of your child who does not have a good reputation in his or her field. Therefore, run a quick background check and confirm the credentials of the pediatricians on the list, and ensure that the ones remaining on the list are all well known, reputed and trustworthy pediatricians of your city. You also need to check the qualifications and experience of the pediatricians at this stage.
Now that you have a list of all the good pediatricians in town, you will have to engage in a more extensive research about all the doctors, to be able to choose the best ones amongst them. Along with the credentials of the doctor, at this stage you will have to check the other factors associated with the doctor like the clinic or facility of the doctor, the hospital tie-ups, quality of support staff, extra services offered by the doctor, etc.
Meet And Interview The Pediatrician
The next step is to meet the potential pediatricians. You need to feel comfortable with the pediatrician, and more importantly, your child should feel comfortable with the pediatrician. If your child does not respond well to the pediatricians company, you need to start considering someone else for the job.
It is important for the pediatrician to have an open channel of communication, since when it comes to child care, as a new mother you would have thousand questions to ask, and it is the duty of the pediatrician to provide you with answers for all of them.