Have you wondered why your kid is constantly moving around, can’t sit for long, can’t keep his hands peacefully, does bump on things, screams on top of his voice, talks a lot, interrupts others while talking and lot more. You may have seen this frequently and thought, “it’s just kids being normally naughty”. But they are giving you hidden clues about themselves and you as their parents should be well vigilant about these and try to minimize it for their future. Famous actors like Will Smith, Jim Carrey, Michelle Rodriguez and many more were diagnosed with ADHD, so never think low about your kids they are surely going to fly with flying colors.
What is ADHD?
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is a neurodevelopmental disorder, where there is difficulty in regulating attention, impulsivity, and hyperactivity.
ADHD is not just a childhood disorder, it continues through adolescence. So it is better to identify with the best pediatrician Abu Dhabi and treat such disorders in the beginning stage itself.
What are the causes of ADHD?
When the genes that are involved in the creation of dopamine becomes variant, it can be the reason of ADHD. Dopamine is the chemical that controls the brain’s ability to preserve the consistent attention.
Any one partner or close family members having a history of ADHD, then there is a probability of acquiring it. The term probability is the focus word.
- Neurological problems by genetic mutations
The chemical messengers that transmit impulses among neurons are called neurotransmitters, in some kids there is a lower level of such transmission causing ADHD. With other kids the genes that code for nervous system shows mutation. Such neurological abnormalities can cause ADHD in kids. Identify if neurological problems are the cause behind ADHD with the child pediatric doctor in Abu Dhabi.
- The lifestyle of mother during pregnancy
When you are pregnant with a little one inside you, you have to be very careful of what you eat, drink, breathe or do. The whole of the lifestyle has to be altered in accordance to adapting to the situation. So, say a big no to smoking, drinking alcohol and other bad habits.
- Environmental factors
Getting yourself exposed to toxic substances while gestation and the kids themselves can lead to very harmful effects, especially exposure to toxins like lead or polychlorinated biphenyls. There is a big risk associated with it, as a result of which the kid can suffer from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. For the right treatment and diagnosis meet with the best pediatrician Abu Dhabi.
- Psychological factors
Not just the environment outside the house, but also inside the house. If the children feel that they are not being attended properly by their parents, no much love, care and attention can lead the kids to ADHD. By acting mischievous the parents tend to look towards the kids, so they use this as their means to get their parent’s attention. House with sibling rivalry is seen to have more degree of ADHD. When there is no peace at home, physical and mental abuse, more expectation in academics etc. can provide a way to ADHD. Even though it is neurodevelopmental issue, such psychological problems can trigger ADHD. Reach out the best pediatrician Abu Dhabi to check for its symptoms.
- Premature birth
Those kids who are born preterm are having a greater probability of having ADHD as there are chances of having an underdeveloped nervous system.
- Low birth weight
Low birth weight is mostly associated with premature birth, but kids who are born from full term, but have a lower birth weight have chances to have ADHD.
- Brain injury
A brain injury from problematic delivery or by falling down, hurting the head can induce ADHD, but rarely can be the reason of it. Consult a child pediatric doctor in Abu Dhabi to know if your kid is suffering from ADHD.
How to help your kid overcome the Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder?
- Provide Direction: Your kid is a directionless fellow in the unclear world, so it is your duty to direct the kid to the right way by providing an order. Make your kid follow some rules and regulations at home. So that the kid will come to know how the things are done.
- Reinforce: Reinforcing the kid in the positive manner like giving chocolates, extra television time or play time or let the kid do what he/she likes. Likewise the kid will be motivated to do the right things more.
- Eyes: Teach your kid to have an eye contact with you when you speak to them, so that your kids will have minimal distractions.
- Realize: You as the parents should realize that your kid is behaving in such a way not because he/she is naughty but because of a neurodevelopmental disorder. So your kid has no other way than act as a hyperactive kid. If you need to know more about ADHD then reach out to the best pediatrician Abu Dhabi.
- Break the tasks: Break bigger tasks into simpler small tasks, because your kid will have attention and interest to perform a task only for some minutes, later which they will get distracted. So give them digestible tasks.
- No hurry: As mentioned above don’t ask your kid to perform in a hurry and you yourself should keep calm while he/she is performing. Because there are chances the kid might get anxious.
- Have fun: Let your kid have all the fun he wants without getting him/her harmed. Because kids are naughty in the first place then comes hyperactivity, the more you constrain your kid – the more he/her becomes restless and anxious.
- Know more: When you had your kid with proper diagnose of ADHD all your relative, friends, teachers and more people will give you their expert advices, but only some are factual and applicable so don’t worry. Read expert books and visit best pediatrician Abu Dhabi for more accurate information’s.