Minimizing Gum Disease Risk from Braces
Metal braces is a traditional orthodontic treatment to straighten crooked teeth. Bringing your teeth in one straight line means that you will be sporting brackets and wires for a specific period and prevent some side effects that go along with it such as gum diseases.
Advantages metal braces
If someone's teeth are crooked or are not in a straight line or out much further toward the people who benefit from braces braces for teeth. Apart from this, the person's ability to chew food improves after the wire is inserted in the teeth. If there was a problem in speaking earlier due to any defect in the teeth, then that problem also goes away. It is easy to brush and clean the teeth properly.
Having wire in the teeth also reduces the risk of cavities and dental diseases. If you have a habit of grinding your teeth, that too goes away. There are not only advantages but also disadvantages of getting wire in the teeth, so before deciding to get braces, you must know about its disadvantages.
Although it is safe to have wire in the teeth, but still there are some risks. The wire leaves a little space above the teeth in which food can get stuck. If the stuck food is not removed, it can cause white spots on the teeth which are impossible to remove. There is also a risk of tooth decay due to food getting stuck in the teeth.
When braces are put on, the teeth move out of their place and in this condition some of the bones in the path of the teeth melt while new bones start forming at the back. In this there is a risk of reducing the length of the root of the tooth. If this happens, the teeth can become weak because of this. However, this has rarely been seen. What to do to prevent damage to teeth and wire
- Eating or drinking sweet and starchy things increases the risk of plaque formation and worms in the teeth, so do not consume these things.
- After a meal, brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste and a soft-bristled brush. If you cannot brush every time, then rinse with water.
- You can rinse with fluoride liquid with the advice of a doctor.
- You should also floss your teeth. This keeps the teeth clean and reduces the risk of any kind of disease in them.
- Do not eat more sticky things like chewing gum, candy, caramel etc. They can stick to the wire and remove them from their place.
- After getting the teeth wired, you do not have to eat hard things like carrots, ice, corn and dry fruits. This can cause the wire to break. After getting braces, you should keep visiting the dentist regularly for checkups. Due to this both teeth and gums remain healthy.
Treating gum diseases in Abu Dhabi
Adam and Eve Specialized Medical Centre in Abu Dhabi and its orthodontists will not just help you get a set of straight teeth, but also prevent potential gum diseases. If you have braces and it worries you that there might be impending gum diseases in the future, consult our orthodontists in Abu Dhabi today.