Melasma: Diagnosis and treatment
Discover Advanced Treatment for Melasma at Adam & Eve Dermatology Clinic in Abu Dhabi
Melasma Treatment in Abu Dhabi
At the best dermatology clinic in Abu Dhabi expert team of doctors can often detect Melasma by closely inspecting your face and neck. Connect with Adam & Eve dermatology doctors in Abu Dhabi to know Melasma Causes and symptoms. Dermatology clinics in Abu Dhabi use a specialized device, such as a Wood's lamp or dermatoscopy, to get a close-up look. When placed on/ near your skin, these devices allow your dermatologist to see how deeply the darker pigment penetrates the layers of your skin. If you want to treat Melasma, this knowledge will be highly beneficial.
Melasma can sometimes resemble another skin condition. To rule out this possibility, your dermatologist may perform a skin biopsy, which involves the removal of a small piece of skin. During your office visit, dermatology clinic in Abu Dhabi experts can perform a skin biopsy in a safe and timely manner.
Melasma is treated by dermatologists in a variety of ways. Melasma may resolve on its own. Melasma is usually caused by a trigger, such as pregnancy or medication. Melasma may fade after you have your baby or stop taking the medication.
Melasma can also last for years or even a lifetime. While Melasma cannot harm your body, it's understandable that many people want to treat it. If you want to treat Melasma, ask dermatology doctors in Abu Dhabi at the Adam & Eve dermatology clinic in Abu Dhabi about treatment costs. Most insurers will not cover the cost of melasma treatment because it is not deemed medically necessary.
If you decide to treat Melasma, a dermatology clinic in Abu Dhabi will design a treatment plan specifically for you. This means that your treatment plan will take into account your skin tone, the depth of the Melasma, and any melasma triggers you may have. Melasma can be triggered by sunlight, birth control pills, and even stress.
The treatment's objectives are as follows:
- Reduce the amount of pigment your body produces.
- Even out your skin tone and return it to its natural hue.
According to the dermatology clinic in Abu Dhabi, a treatment plan may include the following:
- Sunscreen causes the skin to produce more pigment, which can darken existing Melasma and cause new patches.
- Your dermatologist will advise you on sun protection for your skin. Wearing a wide-brimmed hat while outdoors, seeking shade, and applying broad-spectrum sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) throughout the day are standard practices.
- Dermatologists frequently advise patients with Melasma to use a sunscreen that contains:
- Zinc oxide (ZnO)
- Titanium dioxide (TiO2)
- Iron oxidation
- Medication and procedures: Your dermatologist may prescribe a medication to reduce excess pigmentation in your skin. The majority of patients are given a prescription for medication to be applied to their skin at home.
Experts at the dermatology clinic in Abu Dhabi may recommend one or more of the following treatments:
- Hydroquinone: This is a common treatment for Melasma. When applied to the skin, it helps to even out the skin tone. Hydroquinone is no longer available for purchase without a prescription.
- Tretinoin and a low-dose corticosteroid: This combination contains a retinoid and an anti-inflammatory, both of which can help to even out skin tone.
- This cream contains three medications: tretinoin (a retinoid), a corticosteroid to reduce inflammation, and hydroquinone to lighten your skin tone.
- Other medications: Your dermatologist may prescribe a gentler medication for your skin, such as azelaic acid, kojic acid, or vitamin C.
To achieve the best results when concealing Melasma with makeup, make sure to apply everything in the correct order. Skin specialists at a dermatology clinic in Abu Dhabi recommend the following order:
- Melasma treatment
- Makeup for camouflage
Melasma can be stubborn even when you follow your treatment plan. Melasma is still visible in some people. Researchers have been studying this issue, which has resulted in several treatment breakthroughs.
The best dermatology doctors in Abu Dhabi may include one or more of the following in your treatment plan to improve your results:
- Chemical peel: Your dermatologist will apply a chemical solution to the Melasma during this procedure. This can aid in the removal of excess pigment.
- Microneedling: This minimally invasive procedure tears your skin into microscopic tears. As the skin heals, the skin tone becomes more even.
- Laser or light treatment: A few studies have found that adding a laser or light treatment to patients who are already applying medication to their skin and protecting them from the sun can improve results.
- Platelet-rich plasma: This procedure involves taking a small amount of your blood, placing it in a machine that separates the blood into layers, and injecting the plasma layer into the melasma-affected skin. This will help to even out your skin tone.
Adam & Eve Specialized Medical centre the best dermatology clinic in Abu Dhabi will connect you with highly qualified and experienced dermatologists in Abu Dhabi. Obtaining the desired results necessitates extensive knowledge of the skin. A board-certified dermatologist has the training to choose the best method for each patient, advise you on what to expect, and carry out the process safely. Search for Adam & Eve dermatology clinic in Abu Dhabi to connect with the best dermatology doctors in Abu Dhabi and book your appointment to get Melasma treatment in Abu Dhabi. In today’s time, with the proliferation of medical blogs, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find reliable and trustworthy advice. However, Adam & Eve Specialized Medical center’s experts provide the solution. By referring to our other blogs, you can be sure that you are getting accurate and up-to-date information from some of the leading experts in their field.
Different Treatments for Shoulder Twitching
Different Ways to Make Your Child Eat Healthy Food