5 Common Winter Illnesses in Kids
Pediatric Treatment for Common Winter Illnesses in Kids
Kids and Winter illness
Winter is a time when many children and elders become ill. According to the best pediatric doctor in Abu Dhabi at the best medical center, “common colds are the leading cause of children missing school and adults missing work" each year and mostly pediatric treatment is provided for the common cold.
It is not only due to the cold weather outside but also for other reasons. Children are unable to play or go outside due to the cold weather. When they are inside the house, always behind closed doors, their chances of contracting an infection increase significantly. As someone in the house is infected, or if someone infected has previously visited the house, the infection spreads, and because children are vulnerable, they become infected and so they need pediatric treatment.
Pediatric Treatment for Some Common Winter Illnesses in Children
- Virus of Respiratory Syncytial This is a common complication of respiratory infection in children under the age of two. You should consult Child Specialist In Abu Dhabi as bronchiolitis develops when an infection becomes virulent. RSV, or Respiratory Syncytial Virus, can be fatal in infants.
The symptoms appear after two days and may develop over the next three to four days and pediatric treatment is required for the same. The following are the illness's symptoms:
a. Runny nose b. Cough c. Rapid breathing d. Fever e. Upper airway congestion
When this problem occurs in newborns one should immediately get pediatric treatment, as it can cause breathing problems. Before being cured, the symptoms may last up to three weeks. Many doctors advise parents to use saline drops and a bulb syringe to clear the nasal fluids and relieve congestion.
- The flu Influenza, also known as the flu, is another respiratory infection that can strike at any time. To detect flu, and get pediatric treatment look for the following symptoms: a. Runny nose b. Cough c. High fever d. Muscle and body aches e. Congestion f. Diarrhea g. Mild conjunctivitis
When flu symptoms are detected, pediatric treatment can recommend antiviral medication. These medications are capable of curing the illness within 48 hours or so.
- The Common Cold The common cold is a common problem that affects nearly everyone during the winter months. It may also result in viral fever. Though pediatric treatment may be required for common colds and viral fevers, as they can affect any child at any time of year. A child may experience viral fever for one to two weeks. Many symptoms of a common cold or viral fever can be identified, including: a. cough, b. Runny Nose, c. Sore Throat, d. Congestion, and e. Fever
This illness should not be confused with the flu because it does not have the symptoms of diarrhea that the flu does. The most important thing to remember for pediatric treatment, when a child has a common cold is to keep the child hydrated. Because this type of illness can cause extreme weakness, the child should be kept in intense comfort and treatment.
- Throat Strep Strep throat is a bacterial infection that can occur not only during the winter but also during the fall season. This is mostly experienced by children between the ages of 5 and 15. Child Specialist In Abu Dhabi tells some of the most common symptoms of strep throat in children are: a. Migraine b. Stomach ache c. Sore throat d. Fever e. Swallowing difficulty
These symptoms are sometimes accompanied by other symptoms, such as a runny nose and a cough. You should be especially cautious and get pediatric treatment for these strep throat symptoms because red rashes can be a sign of scarlet fever. If it is simply strep throat, it can be effectively treated with antibiotics. However, if the child is diagnosed with scarlet fever, it is critical to get pediatric treatment as soon as possible.
- Gastrointestinal Flu Stomach flu is primarily a viral intestinal infection caused by norovirus. It should not be confused with influenza. One way to diagnose stomach flu is for the child to vomit nonstop for a few days. Pediatric treatment may be required as it can last anywhere from two days to a week. Some common symptoms that can aid in the diagnosis of the illness include: a. Watery diarrhea b. Vomiting c. Mild fever d. Abdominal pain e. Fatigue f. Headache
This virus can attack and develop in a child's body in as little as 24 hours, making it critical to take special care of children during the winter. Winter seasons are beautiful because of the scenery, but caring for your child in winter can be difficult. Get pediatric treatment from the best pediatric doctor in Abu Dhabi. Schedule an appointment with Adam & Eve Specialized Medical Center and receive expert pediatric assistance to ensure your child's happy winter. Get a reference from other popular blogs by Adam & Eve Specialized Medical center for your child's health