A sore throat with an earache often comes along or before & after of a common cold. It generally happens because the Eustachian tube that runs from the back of our throat to the ear becomes infected and gets irritated due to the presence of excessive fluids. It has also found that earaches with an infection are more common in children as compared to the adults. This condition is identified as a sore throat that becomes sore because of the excess of mucus secretions and as well as the viral infections. But, worry not, a variety of home remedies may prove beneficial to cure this. However, if the problem persists and the symptoms are not relieved, it is recommended that the sufferer should seek professional medical help.
- Generally, an earache could also be a common symptom of a strep throat
- A strep throat is known to be highly contagious and at times can be very painful
- If an earache is because of an ear infection with the sore throat, then over the counter remedies may not prove to be beneficial to relieve the condition
- To avoid any serious medical complications and developments, always treat the strep throat with the proper treatment of antibiotics
- Consulting a health expert or a medical help is the only way to be sure if the sore throat symptoms are of a strep throat
The medicinal clinic at Abu Dhabi is just the right place to be sure of your health treatment. We have been providing our best of health services and strive to provide immediate care whenever it is required, without compromising on our medicinal treatment quality.
Now, we know that the symptom of a sore throat with an earache is quite common and it is not only the children that get its symptoms, adults also can have such symptoms. Whether you have a sore throat with earache, have headache, ear pain and other related symptoms, you can find instant help and guidance at medicinal centre Abu Dhabi. According to health experts and doctors, one should seek medical help and guidance if the symptoms have lasted for more than continuous 2 days.
If you have the following symptoms, along with the sore throat & heartache, then you must visit a doctor soon:
- Having extreme difficulty in swallowing (even fluids)
- If you have a body temperature at and above 104 degrees Fahrenheit
- Formation of pus (yellowish dots) on the back of the throat
- Hoarseness and harshness in voice
- Contraction and in contact with someone having a strep throat
- Excessive Drooling (This applies to young babies and children)
Visiting the best clinic in Abu Dhabi will definitely help you to get rid of this medical problem along with differentiating its symptoms with other diseases symptoms.
- If you have a severe earache, placing a warm flannel against the affected ear may help to relieve the pain
- You can also use over the counter medicinal treatment of painkillers such as paracetamol and ibuprofen to ease out and lessen the ear pain. However, it should also be noted that the children below the age of 16 years should never take aspirin
- Seek your pharmacist help. He might be of help to you to suggest over the counter eardrops and medicine for your earache. But before doing so, always let him know all the symptoms and then ask for their advice for a better recommendation
- Olive oil drops and eardrops can also be used to treat the excessive pain in the ear. But at the same time, it should also be noted that ear drops alone would not help to treat the severe ear infection
- Also, it would be beneficial if you refrain from getting your ear wet, especially at the times of bathing, if you and your child have developed an ear infection.
The common cause of earache is a sore throat and throat infections
If you are finding it difficult to swallow and if you have a sore throat then your earache could be a symptom of a severe throat infection. There are also different types of throat infections, but one of the commonest is tonsillitis or quinsy in which an abscess is developed on the on the one side of the back of your throat. Therefore, this condition makes it extremely difficult to even swallow fluids. However, at times such types of tonsillitis go away on its own without having to opt for an antibiotics treatment. But, if you have got quinsy then you are highly recommended to seek medical help and visit the best medical clinic in Abu Dhabi to provide you with the best of medical treatment and quality service.