- 50 million Americans suffer from moderate to severe gum disease.
- 40 million Americans with gum disease are not aware that they have it.
- Only 3% of those who are aware, seek treatment.
- Gum disease also known as periodontal disease is the most common infection in the United States—more widespread than cancer, heart disease and diabetes.
- Easy to prevent, yet when left untreated, can lead to devastating effects well beyond tooth loss.
Reference link: http://theiald.com/fight-gum-disease/
How can lasers be used in Dentistry?
For over two decades, lasers have been used in dentistry to treat a number of dental problems. Lasers release energy in the form of light. In surgical and dental procedures, the laser acts as a cutting instrument or as a vaporizer of tissue. In teeth-whitening procedures, the laser acts as a source of heat and enhances the effect of tooth-bleaching agents. For laser dental whitening in UAE, contact AESMC today.
Why are lasers preferred in Dentistry?
Laser dentistry presents a minimally invasive option at AESMC for the best complete oral care Abu Dhabi. “Oral issues that can be addressed using lasers include gum surgery, cavity treatment and root canal procedures”, says Dr Prathiba Johnz in the UAE. Laser dentistry is an option for children who become anxious or afraid during dental treatment.
According to dentists at AESMC, a medical clinic that provides the best complete oral care In Abu Dhabi, Laser Dentistry offers an easier procedure and shorter recovery time. It is a convenient solution to many oral and dental problems, whether serious in nature or cosmetic. For dentistry consultation near Abu Dhabi, please call us now.
Why would I prefer laser dentistry over traditional dentistry?
- Laser dentistry will cause you less pain and discomfort relative to traditional dentistry.
- You are less likely to require sutures.
- Anesthesia may not be necessary.
- Lasers sterilize the gums, making infection less likely.
- Less damage to your gums, so you will heal quickly.
- You will lose less blood compared to traditional surgery.
What dental treatments are possible with lasers?
- Tooth decay- to remove decay within a tooth and prepare the surrounding enamel for the filling.
- Root canal infections-remove bacteria during root canal procedure.
- Gum disease- to reshape gums.
- Biopsy for cancer assessment.
- Lesion removal in the mouth and pain relief from canker sores.
- Teeth whitening- to speed up in-office teeth whitening procedures. A peroxide bleaching solution is applied to the surface of the tooth and activated by laser energy
According to an April 28, 2017 report by CERRITOS, California-PRNewswire, “Medical professionals use lasers, which are extremely focused light beams, to alter or remove tissue in small amounts. Thanks to the ‘The Institute for Advanced Laser Dentistry’ (IALD), over 900 patients with moderate to severe gum disease have been treated at no charge to them! Often, these patients are uninsured or underinsured and cannot afford treatment on their own or have refused traditional treatment out of fear,” adds Robert H Gregg II, DDS, IALD Program Director. “These individuals now have access to a minimally invasive laser treatment and, most importantly, hope for the hopeless teeth.” Gum disease is a chronic infection that impacts the entire body and is linked to stroke, heart disease, Alzheimer’s, certain cancers, diabetes, pre-term birth, erectile dysfunction, pre-term and stillborn infants.
For the complete article, please refer the link below:
AESMC, Abu Dhabi, now offers the best complete oral care, UAE. Special Procedures at AESMC, one of the best dental clinics in Abu Dhabi include Gums Depigmentation, Prosthetic Dentistry, Pediatric Dentistry, Dental Jewelry.
Dr. Prathibha Johnz in Abu Dhabi specializes in root canal treatments, veneers, lumineers, smile designing with cosmetic restorations & laser assisted procedures of whitening.
For the best laser dental treatment in Abu Dhabi, call Adam & Eve Specialized Medical Center today. Discuss your laser treatment options with one of our dentists. To know the cost of root canal treatment in Abu Dhabi, call us now.