Common Causes of Foot Pain You Need to Know
Your feet are made up of bones, ligaments, tendons, and muscles. Standing or walking puts pressure on your feet, due to which foot pain is common. Any pain or discomfort that occurs in one or more parts of the foot can affect your day-to-day life. These parts of the foot may include toes, ankles, arch, and soles.
This pain can be mild or severe. Leg pain usually gets better quickly, but sometimes this problem can last for a long time.
Although mild toe pain is relieved by home remedies , it may take time to heal completely. Your doctor should check for severe foot pain, especially when it starts with an injury.
Foot Pain Symptoms
What other signs and symptoms may accompany leg pain?
- The bones of the foot are connected to each other by ligaments; strong strips of tissue that surround the joints. Due to excessive stretching of these ligaments and damage to the tibem, sprains occur in the foot Weakness or loosening of these joints, or tenderness in only one area (tenderness; pain when touched), can be a sign of a sprain.
- Due to excessive pressure on a muscle or group of muscles, their fibers are torn and them is flexion or strain in the foot. Symptoms of muscle problems include weakening of the joints and instability of body parts. Swelling, tendemess (pain when pressing on the affected area), loss of functionality, and an altered color of the skin over and around the injury can be signs and symptoms of a strain.
- Scratches or bruises are common as a result of an injury to the body. Damage to the foot causes pain, discoloration or deterioration, swelling, and changes in gait All these signs can point to a bone break.
- The pain caused by a plantar fascia strain is usually felt in the sole of the heel and between the toes. A person suffering from plantar fasciitis may feel pain until the plantar fascia becomes active again. Pain in the feet at night can indicate plantar fasciitis as well as other possible problems.
- Itching or burning sensation on the upper part of the foot is usually the initial symptom of a blister.
- Itching and burning between the toes or around the foot can be a sign of a skin infection or athlete's foot (fungal infection between the toes).
- Redness and pain at the edges of the toenails is usually the result of an ingrown toenail (in which the toenails start growing inside the skin by piercing the skin).
When is it necessary to see a doctor?
Many people suffering from foot pain know the cause of the pain and how to get relief from it. However, if you have the following symptoms, you should contact the doctor as soon as possible:
- Pain that starts suddenly and gets worse in your leg
- Pain in the leg due to a recent injury
- You are not able to put any kind of pressure on your foot after the injury
- blood flow interrupted along with leg pain
- a sore in the painful area
- red or swollen area
Foot pain treatment in Abu Dhabi
Our orthopedic doctors at Adam and Eve Specialized Medical Centre in Abu Dhabi will pinpoint the causes of your foot pain and treat them right away. Book an appointment now with our orthopedic doctors in Abu Dhabi today.